The Section of Communications and Technology (overview) is responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting strategies and solutions designed to enhance the college’s strategic goals through the promotion of research, teaching, and Extension programs. The Section of Communications and Technology (CommTech) includes staff in the following units:
- Strategic Communications
- Information Technology Services
- Digital Media Production
- Educational Media Services
Through collaborative planning with senior leadership of the college, approximately 95% of the available time of CommTech staff (organization chart) is assigned to enterprise-level priorities. A dashboard serves as a summary of the major projects, responsibilities, and ongoing services provided by CommTech. The dashboard communicates responsibilities of CommTech staff with stakeholders; guides unit manager decision-making when determining priority of potential engagement and available capacity for projects; and provides a framework for communicating year-end accomplishments. Additional information is available in the FAQ's, and details on projects and services may be found on the specific unit web pages.
As CommTech has evolved to focus its work at the enterprise level, decisions about project and service requests generally result in one of the following:
(1) accepting the project or service because it is on the dashboard and directly advances the college’s mission and priorities;
(2) not immediately accepting the project as there needs to be prioritization from college leadership, potentially including department chairs; or
(3) not accepting the project and recommending a potential third-party vendor to complete the work if the requestor desires.
CommTech recognizes that creative and innovative solutions come from many different sectors of the college. Faculty and staff are encouraged to review the services offered on our website to gain a clearer understanding of what is offered. If there is a specific need a faculty or staff member wishes to discuss, he or she should contact the appropriate CommTech unit manager (see “Contact Us” on CommTech’s website) or complete the information request form and submit it online.