Statement of Purpose
The Staff Advisory Council (hereafter Council) shall act in an advisory capacity to the Vice President of Agricultural Administration and Dean, College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (hereafter Vice President/Dean).
The purpose of the Council is to:
- Provide a formal vehicle for staff participation in the betterment of the College by shaping an environment that promotes mutual respect, builds teams, and creates a compelling place to work and learn;
- Increase the efficiency and scope of communication within the College and University by:
- Serving as the staff voice/liaison to the Vice President/Dean
- Relaying communication from the Vice President/Dean to staff,
- Facilitating staff-to-staff communication, and
- Broadening university-wide communication through its relationship with the University Staff Advisory Committee;
- Support the CFAES Core Goal “To be the standard of excellence for colleges of food, agricultural, and environmental sciences.”
2014 - 2015 Officers
Sarah Ellis Williams, Chair
- Kimberly Roush, Vice Chair
David Dietrich, Secretary/Treasurer
- Martha Bollinger, Communications Director
Kelly Elisar, Public Relations/Archivist
Reasons to join CFAES Staff Advisory Council
There are many good reasons to become a member of SAC. From representing the staff of your department at college level, helping the staff gain recognition in the college, meeting other staff members you would otherwise probably never meet, gaining personal development, career enhancement.
Each member of SAC is appointed for a three year term. Click here to find representatives in the directory and ask them about becoming the next SAC member for your department.
What others said about their time on the CFAES Staff Advisory Council:
"I enjoyed serving on the Staff Advisory Committee and learned a lot about the College of FAES. Of course, I met many people from all parts of the College and worked with several on committees, giving us a sense of accomplishment. Touring different areas of the College and different campuses was definitely a plus and without serving on SAC, I probably would have never had the opportunity."
OSU Extension, Coshocton
"SAC enabled me to better understand the breadth and scope of the College. In addition, it also provided an opportunity for input into the direction of some aspects of the College."
ATI - Student Services.