We bring knowledge to life.
Our beginning dates back to Ohio State’s beginning in 1870, when the Ohio General Assembly established the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. The new college was made possible through the provisions of the Land-Grant Act, signed by President Lincoln on July 2, 1862. This legislation revolutionized the nation’s approach to higher education, bringing a college degree within reach of all high school graduates.
Today, our world-class teaching, research, and outreach—the everyday work of our college—impacts local, state, national, and global communities. Our goal is to be the standard of excellence for colleges of agricultural and environmental sciences.