CFAES Alumni Awards Program
The CFAES Alumni Society sponsors an annual awards program to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions through their careers. Congratulations to the recipients of the 2016 CFAES Alumni Awards. They were honored at a luncheon on March 5, 2016.
Meritorious Service Award
Wesley Budke, PhD Agricultural Education
Ken Cochran, BS Horticulture
Distinguished Alumni Award
James Beard, BS Agronomy
Ian Blount, BS Agribusiness and Applied Economics, MS Agricultural Education
B. Stevens Buckalew, MS Agricultual Economics
John Douglass, BS Dairy Science
Jack Elliot, PhD Agricultural Education
Richard Gast, MS and PhD Poultry Science
Karl Kisner, BS Agronomy
Larry Lokai, BS and MS Agricultural Education
Linda Vance, BS Animal Science
International Alumni Award
Godfrey Asea, PhD Horitulture and Crop Science
Milton Gorocica, MS and PhD Animal, Dairy & Poultry Science
Young Professional Achievement Award
Carolina Azcarate Espinosa, MS Food Science and Nutrition
Chad Endsley, BS Agribusiness and Applied Economics
John Foltz, BS Forestry, Fisheries & Wildlife
Andrea Garmyn, BS Animal, Dairy & Poultry Science
Ryan Saxe, AS Horse Science
It's not too early to start thinking about nominations for the 2017 awards! See below for a description of the awards and links to the lists of past recipients.
Individuals receive recognition in five categories:
- Meritorious Award: The purpose of the Meritorious Service Award is to give public recognition to non-alumni and/or alumni of the college who have been singularly significant in the college’s quest for excellence.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: The Distinguished Alumni Award gives public recognition to those who have brought distinction to themselves and the college at large through their participation, commitment, and leadership.
- International Alumni Award: The International Alumni Award is presented to outstanding international agriculture alumni representing, supporting, and promoting the college and The Ohio State University around the globe.
- Young Professional Achievement Award: The Young Professional Achievement Award recognizes alumni for their early professional accomplishments. This award provides recognition for these individuals and serves as a stimulus toward further efforts by younger alumni.
- Outstanding Service to the Society Award: The Outstanding Service to the Society Award recognizes a supporter, alumni or non-alumni, of the CFAES Alumni Society and its programs and efforts to provide alumni with opportunities to interact with the society, the college, and the university.
Individuals who have received an award in one alumni award category are not eligible to receive the same award. Click the category names below to see past recipients.