Declared majors in the department must submit the college scholarship application by February 15 to qualify for both the college and departmental scholarships. Students in the department can be considered for scholarships in animal (swine, sheep, beef, dairy, equine, or poultry) specializations. Applications will be reviewed by the Departmental Scholarship Committee, and selected students will be invited to interview with the scholarship committee and the donors. Selections will be completed early Spring Quarter. Students should have demonstrated interest in animal science careers and be above average academically.
Joseph Ottobre, Ph.D.
126 Plumb Hall
- Seth Adams Scholarship. Scholarship is awarded to an animal science senior especially interested in the field of sheep production and whose academic record for the first three years of college and whose personal qualifications identify such student as one who is worthy of this award.
- Charles B. Boyles Memorial Scholarship Fund in Animal Science. Income provides scholarships for students from Ohio and adjoining states, with preference to students from Ohio and West Virginia who have been admitted to their freshman year in the study of animal science.
- Wilbur H. Bruner Pork Industry Award (Bruner Scholarship Application required). Income is used for encouraging undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences or the Agricultural Technical Institute to prepare for a career in the swine and pork industry through an internship in the pork industry.
- Buckeye Polled Hereford Association Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for students in animal science.
- CFAES Livestock Judgeing Team Scholarship Fund. Scholarships support students participating in the CFAES Livestock Judging Team.
- Columbus Feed Club Endowed Scholarship Fund. Income provides a scholarship for students with a preference in animal science.
- Harold E. Delong Memorial Scholarship. Income provides scholarships for sophomores, juniors, or seniors in animal science interested in the swine industry.
- John Scott and Della Errington Memorial Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for Tuscarawas County students in animal science in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences and Human Ecology. Two-thirds of the income is for students in the Department of Animal Science. One-third is for students in the Department of Human Nutrition and Food Management.
- James O. Grandstaff Memorial Fund. Income provides an award to either an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in animal science.
- Ralph H. Grimshaw Award. Income provides awards to animal science students with preference to those enrolled in or planning to enroll in a program related to sheep or other ruminant animals.
- Bernice C. Hum Animal Science Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for students in animal science.
- Edgar W. Ingram Scholarship. Annual gift provides support for undergraduate and graduate students interested in meat science studies.
- Lawrence A. Kauffman Memorial Fund. Income is used for animal science undergraduate scholarships.
- D. J. Kays Memorial Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for undergraduate animal science majors who have completed at least three quarters in the college.
- Forrest G. Ketner Memorial Scholarship Fund. Income supports a scholarship for animal science or agribusiness and applied economics in alternating years for enrolled students in the college.
- L. E. Kunkle Student Development Fund. Income provides scholarships for worthy and needy undergraduate and/or graduate students in meat science.
- Fawnye M. Kuohn Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships to students in animal science who have demonstrated academic ability and a need for financial assistance.
- Ralph S. Lovett Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for animal science majors in the college specializing in meat science.
- L. P. McCann Memorial Scholarship Award in Animal Science. Income provides a scholarship for sophomores studying animal science with intended careers in research, education, farming, ranching or other business or industry associated with beef cattle.
- Mid-States Meat Association Scholarship Fund. Provides scholarship support for students in animal science.
- James R. Miller Agriculture Scholarship Fund. Income provides a scholarship in animal science for an undergraduate student with need and strong academic promise.
- Bill Newland Endowed Memorial Scholarship in Animal Science. Income provides scholarships to undergraduates in the Department of Animal Sciences.
- Ohio Agribusiness Assn.-Animal Science Scholarship. Annual gift provides support to an undergraduate student in animal science with strong academic achievement, leadership skill, and interest in agribusiness sales/management.
- Rodney F. Plimpton, Jr., Memorial Scholarship Fund in Animal/Meat Science. Income provides scholarships for qualifying students in meat science in the college.
- Ralph "Dutch" E. Schramm Scholarship Fund in Animal Science. Income supports junior/senior students in animal science who are (1) members of ATZ fraternity with beef or sheep interests, (2) students studying abroad or completing an international internship in Australia with the beef industry preferred, and (3) students who have participated in the Little "I" in the beef division.
- William Tyznik Equine Research Fund. Income supports a scholarship for an equine nutrition student.
- The Von Price Scholarship Endowment. Income provides one or more scholarships to students in the college who have selected animal science as their major subject of study. First preference should be given to students who are on the OSU Intercollegiate Livestock Judging Team. The selected students must demonstrate academic ability and a need for financial assistance.
- Michael L. Wagner Livestock Judging Team Endowment. Used to support one or more scholarships for undergraduate student[s] to attend judging competitions. Recipient[s] must be a member of the livestock judging team in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, with preference going to members who demonstrate financial need or leadership roles in student organizations.
- Robert Watson Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for deserving undergraduates in the Department of Animal Sciences.
- David Zartman Scholarship. Annual fund that supports animal science students or others as determined by the donor.
- Alpha Gamma Sigma Foundation-Clair E. Jones Scholarship. Annual gift supports an above average student in dairy science with demonstrated leadership. Preference given to Alpha Gamma Sigma members.
- Animal Science Memorials. Discretionary scholarship dollars available to the scholarship committee for use as needed.
- William J. Brakel Endowed Scholarship Fund in Dairy Science. Income provides scholarships for outstanding dairy science students.
- COBA/Select Sires-Wallace Erickson Scholarship. Supports an undergraduate student majoring in dairy science with high ability, demonstrated leadership, and interest in artificial insemination.
- Dairy Farmers of America Agricultural and Human Ecology Fund. Income provides scholarship support for undergraduate dairy students with interest in dairy marketing.
- Wayne and Jane Dalton Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for dairy science majors.
- Bob Gano Scholarship Endowment Fund. Income supports sophomore, junior, or senior animal science students specializing in dairy science. First preference given to Tuscarwaras County students, or second preference to student employees of Ohio State Dairy Facility with desire to return to production agriculture.
- Harold E. and Florence R. Kaeser Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for students majoring in animal science with intent to pursue a career in the dairy industry.
- Lucile and Roland Kennedy Scholarship Fund in Dairy Science. Income provides undergraduate scholarships or fellowships and associateships for graduate students in dairy science.
- Jean and Agnes Lemmerman Endowed Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for sophomore, junior, or senior students in animal science specializing in dairy science. 4-H or FFA background is preferred.
- Thomas M. Ludwick Scholarship Fund. Income is used to support one or more scholarship awards for outstanding dairy science students each year.
- Earl and Wilma McMunn Scholarship in Dairy Science. Income provides scholarships for undergraduates in animal science specializing in dairy science.
- Ohio Agribusiness Assn-Dairy Science Scholarship. Annual gift provides support to an undergraduate student in dairy science with strong academic achievement, leadership skill, and interest in agribusiness sales/management.
- Schuyler M. Salisbury Memorial Scholarships. Income provides a scholarship for the outstanding senior student in dairy science.
- Myrtle Cook Cray and Raymond E. Cray Scholarship Fund. Income supports students in poultry science in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.
- Robert L. Hocker Poultry Science Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships or awards for undergraduate or graduate students in poultry science.
- Edna and R. George Jaap Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships in the college with preference to poultry science students.
- Ohio Poultry Association. Annual gift provides scholarship support for an undergraduate student based on character, leadership, scholarship and participation of activities related to poultry.
- Robert W. Terry Memorial. Income is used according to the same regulations as prescribed for the Ohio Poultry Research Fund or for poultry scholarships or fellowship funds.