Congratulations to the following OSU Extension educators who won 2015 State, North Central Finalist and National Finalist communications awards from the National Association of County Agricultural Agents.
The awards were presented during NACAA’s annual meeting and professional improvement conference in July in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
David Marrison, Extension educator serving Ashtabula and Trumbull counties, is national vice-chair of NACAA’s communications committee.
Class 1, Audio Recording
- Ed Lentz, State Winner, North Central Winner and National Finalist ($250 cash award).
Class 2, Published Photo and Caption
- Curtis Young, State Winner and North Central Regional Finalist.
Class 4, Program Promotional Piece
- Beth Scheckelhoff and Gigi Neal, State Winner.
Class 5, Personal Column
- Pam Bennett, State Winner.
Class 6, Feature Story
- Eric Barrett, State Winner.
Class 8, Team Newsletter
- VegNet (Bergefurd, B.; Eric, R.; Filbrun, B.; Gahler, A.; Gao, G.; Gardiner, M.; Harker, T.; Hoeflich, M.; Jasinski, J.; Kleinhenz, M.; Kowalski, J.; Landefeld, M.; Lewandowski, R.; Malinich, T.; McGlothin, C.; Miller, S.; Scheckelhoff, B.; Slaughter, R.); State Winner.
Class 9, Video Recordings
- Alan Sundermeier and James Hoorman, State Winner, North Central Regional Finalist.
Class 10, Fact Sheet
- Peggy Kirk Hall, State Winner and North Central Region Finalist.
Class 11, Publication
- Jim Hoorman, Richard Hoormann, Rafiq Islam, Sarah Noggle, Alan Sundermeier and Curtis Young; State Winner, North Central Region Winner and National Finalist ($250 cash award).
Class 12, Web Site/Online Content
- Peggy Kirk Hall, State Winner.
Class 13, Learning Module
- Chris Bruynis, Bruce Clevenger, Eric Romich and Larry Gearhardt; State Winner.
Class 14, Bound Book
- Pam Bennett and Maria Zampini, State Winner and North Central Region Finalist.
Details about NACAA’s annual meeting are here.