Staff Professional Development Award
The CFAES SAC Staff Professional Development Award is funded through support from donations from current and former employees. It is offered to help supplement the costs associated with travel and fees for professional development opportunities for staff of the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. This is a one-time reimbursement for expenses related to professional development activities, not to exceed $500. Please note, the award is up to $500, and we may opt to award a partial request (e.g. $250 of a $500 ask) depending on the full range of submissions and awards.
Applications will be reviewed and awarded twice per year. The deadline for the first round is June 15, 2018. The application deadline for the second round is December 1, 2018. This second round will allow staff to apply for funding for professional development that may occur later in the fiscal year that they might not be aware of early in the fiscal year.
Staff Professional Development Award Timeline
Staff Recognition Awards
The Shirley Brooks-Jones Citizenship Award ($500)
Awarded to a staff member who:
- Provides outstanding and ongoing excellence in services to faculty, staff, students and/or others.
- Enhances the quality of work-life in ways that makes a significant difference for colleagues orcustomers.
- Develops creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient collegeoperations.
- Contributes to positive changes in the college.
- Promotes the college core values and college goals. College core values are: discovery, life-longlearning, science-based knowledge, academic freedom, civility, professionalism, and diversity. College goal is to be the standard of excellence for colleges of agricultural and environmental sciences.
Above and Beyond Awards ($300 each)
Key Values Award
A service award for dedication, cooperation and positive attitudes in the workplace. Nominations for staff members within first (3) years of employment
For developing and/or participating in project initiatives and/or process operations improvements that enhances CFAES, Extension, ATI or OARDC and its mission
For going above and beyond job duties, for having special commitment to tasks, positive customer service and improving workplace communications
Staff Recognition Award Timeline
All applications are to be sent to Staff Advisory Council Awards Committee c/o Joy Bauman, CFAES Center for Cooperatives, 1864 Shyville Road, Piketon, OH 45611 or email to email@example.com.