Dedicating tonight’s event to a faculty or staff member in CFAES is the highest honor our student committee can bestow. Recipients have devoted their career to the education and/or development of our students and a passion for the success of our College. Sponsored by CFAES Student Council.
Ray A. Miller Council Scholarship – Recognizes current members of CFAES Student Council who demonstrate leadership and commitment to the success of Council. This award is named in memory of the late Dr. Ray Miller, retired Assistant Dean. Sponsored by the Miller family and CFAES Student Council.
Jill A. Pfister Outstanding First-Year Student Scholarship – Recognizes two first-year students (freshman or transfer) who have shown outstanding leadership within a club or organization. The award is named for Dr. Jill Pfister, former Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs. Sponsored by CFAES Student Council.
Outstanding Undergraduate Employee Award – Recognizes undergraduate students who support the mission of Academic Programs, OARDC, or OSU Extension by providing high-quality service through paid work experiences. Sponsored by CFAES Student Council.
CFAES Internship Award – This award recognizes students who have excelled at internships within their respective fields. One award will be granted in each Department and the School of Environment and Natural Resources. Sponsored by CFAES Student Council.
Lee Johnston Scholarship Award - Recognizes student leaders in the School of Environment and Natural Resources. The award is named in memory of Lee Johnston, a 1991 graduate of the School of Natural Resources who was active in College council and many activities in the School. Sponsored by SENR Alumni Society.
Student Organization Excellence Awards – Sponsored by CFAES Student Council
- Leadership/Professional Development – Presented to a student organization that actively promotes individual leadership skills and/or career development among its members, the campus, and/or the community, by sponsoring lectures or guest speakers, organizing retreats and workshops, or other leadership-related activities.
- Community Engagement – Presented to a student organization that demonstrates the importance of serving the broader campus or external community through hands-on service activities, philanthropic or fundraising events, or other community-related pursuits.
- Collaboration – Presented to a student organization that partnered with one or more student organizations or groups to develop a program, event, or initiative to benefit the campus or community. This can be a single or ongoing program, event, or initiative.
- Active Citizenship – Presented to a student organization that has demonstrated, through activities, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, advocacy and education, political involvement, socially responsible behavior, activism, participation in state, national, or global associations, etc.
- Mission of CFAES – Presented to a student organization that has supported one or more of the goals of the CFAES vision statement through activities.
Student Organization of the Year – Presented to a student organization in our College that has made extraordinary contributions over the past year to campus life in the CFAES, the university, and the surrounding community. Sponsored by CFAES Student Council.
Newcomb Scholars – Awarded to students with the highest cumulative GPA at the end of Autumn Semester 2019. Five students in each rank 2, 3, and 4 on the Columbus and regional campuses and five second-year students at ATI are recognized. This award is named for Dr. L. H. Newcomb, former Senior Associate Dean in the College. Sponsored by CFAES Academic Programs.