CFAES students made a strong showing at Ohio State’s Richard J. and Martha D. Denman Undergraduate Research Forum on Feb. 20, winning four firsts, two seconds, and two thirds in five of the event’s 18 categories.
- Conservation and Development—Harrison Fried, School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR), first place (Suzanne Gray, mentor); Heather Pechtl, Department of Animal Sciences, second place (Chanhee Lee, mentor); Alyson Linton, Department of Animal Sciences, third place (Daniel Clark, mentor).
- Education Across the Human Lifespan—Kayla Walls, Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership, first place (S. Dee Jepsen, mentor).
- Evolutionary Ecology and Environmental Science—Joey Smith, Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering (FABE), third place (Ryan Winston, mentor).
- Evolution, Genetics, and Biochemistry of Insects—Vivian Chang, Department of Entomology, first place (Megan Meuti, mentor); Hilary Kordecki, Department of Animal Sciences, second place (Chia Lin, mentor).
- Emerging Technologies: Smartphones, Social Media Platforms, and Beyond—Kuanrong Zhu, Department of Food Science and Technology, first place (Luis Rodriguez-Saona, mentor).