2024 CFAES Farm Bill Summit
Program: 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. | Reception: 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Farm Bill Summit featuring:
- Anne Knapke, USDA
- Mary Kay Thatcher, Syngenta
- Joe Shultz, The Platform for Agriculture and Climate Transformation
- Sara Wyant, Agri-Pulse Communications
- Dr. Amy Ando, CFAES-OSU
- Dr. Margaret Jodlowski, CFAES-OSU
- David Marrison, CFAES-OSU
Ever wondered how the Farm Bill affects our food and agricultural landscape? The Farm Bill, a substantial legislative package passed by the federal government every few years, impacts how funds are allocated for various crucial aspects of agriculture, nutrition, conservation efforts, natural resource protection, and support systems across the nation. To delve deeper into this vital legislation and its implications, we invite you to join us at our upcoming event, the 2024 CFAES Farm Bill Summit, on February 23 from 1 – 3:30 p.m. at the Fawcett Center. Engage in discussions led by CFAES and industry experts, unravel the complexities, and understand how this bill shapes the future of farming and related industries. This summit offers a unique opportunity to gain insights, network with others in the industry, and comprehend the far-reaching impact of the Farm Bill on our agricultural ecosystem.
To keep you well informed, we have invited key experts to a Farm Bill Summit:
- Discussing the general policy context - Amy Ando, Professor and Chair, and Margaret Jodlowski, Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics, CFAES
- Moderated by Anne Knapke, deputy chief of staff in the Office of the Secretary for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, a panel discussion sharing expertise and perspectives to include: Mary Kay Thatcher, senior manager of federal government and industry relations at Syngenta and former director of public policy at the American Farm Bureau Federation; Joe Shultz, executive director of The Platform for Agriculture and Climate Transformation; and Sara Wyant, founder and president of Agri-Pulse Communications.
- Discussing insights into application of the Farm Bill - David L. Marrison, Interim Director for the Farm Financial Management and Policy Institute, CFAES
We hope you'll join us for this important conversation. Please share this with others who may be interested.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Lora Vest at email@example.com or 614-292-6190. Requests made 10 days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.