Best Boss Ever
Research indicates that employees leave bosses, not organizations.
Here are some statistics about the impact of good and bad bosses from http://govitru.com/workplace-statistics/
- A study by the firm Interact with 1000 workers in the United States demonstrated that the lack of appreciation by their managers is their number 1 complaint (63%). It’s not because they need to play at work. http://www.greatify.co/media/statistics-employee-motivation/
- 60% of employees say they don’t get enough feedback from upper management on their work. (ClearCompany)
- 75% of employees are leaving their job because of poor management. (15Five)
- 38% of employees don’t get asked for their input or information. (Social Media Today)
- 31% said they didn’t like their boss, and felt a lack of empowerment. (Accenture)
Do you want to be the best boss you can be? What are the qualities that make a high-performing boss? Why is it important to be a good boss?
When you are a great boss, your employees look forward to coming to work. Productivity is high, and your employees work together to make sure that team goals are achieved. A great boss builds strong relationships with her/his employees, Sharing a clear vision of where the team is headed and the ability to communicate clearly are also vital to being a great boss. Finally, creating a culture where people feel empowered and respected will take a good boss to the best boss.