Caregiving and Compassion Fatigue (Cancelled)
In partnership with the Ohio Council on Family Relations, Patrice Powers-Barker, OSU Extension, Lucas County Family & Consumer Sciences will be co-presenting a webinar on Caregiving and Compassion Fatigue.
REGISTER here or follow this link https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bpSVhdhPu3G3Z3M
Who should attend?
Professionals who work with families
Students who work with families
Informal caregivers - may be paid/unpaid individuals without training who provide care to family members, neighbors or friends.
1. To define the prevalence of caregiving among age, gender, and racial groups
2. To identify & share how values may influence caregiver behaviors
3. To define compassion fatigue.
4. To identify characteristics of compassion fatigue to help professionals, as well as formal & informal caregivers, recognize & deal with it.
5. To provide personal & community resources that may alleviate the stress of caregiving.
Notes: As a webinar, anyone is welcome to attend. As this is sponsored by OHCFR, the state examples and resources will be focused on Ohio. 1 contact hour CEU will be offered pending approval from the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)