CFAES and EEOB Graduate Student Support Group
Are you a current or incoming graduate student looking for a supportive community during this stage in your academic career? The CFAES and EEOB Graduate Student Support Group* serves as a safe and confidential network to help graduate students manage the challenges that arise during this exciting, but stressful chapter in their lives. Support group meetings occur once every other week will cover topics such as:
- Meeting your advisor's expectations
- Abusive advisors/toxic work environment
- Work/life balance
- Managing the impact of mental illness on academic performance
- Stress/anxiety management and healthy coping strategies
- Interpersonal relationships
- Teaching/research balance
- Access to other helpful resources
Support group meetings take place on both the Columbus and Wooster campuses. Please direct all inquiries for the Columbus campus support group to Equity and Inclusion’s Program Director, Dr. Leo Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Program Assistant, Alicia Baca (email@example.com).
* Please note that all of our support group sessions are peer-led, and no medical advice will be given. All information will be shared as personal experience and is not a recommendation for treatment. If the facilitators feel that a person is in need of professional help, the participant will be provided with information about available resources form licensed providers.