Change Style Preference: Strengthening Your Capacity to Lead Self & Others online workshop
What is your change style preference? Would you be an originator? A conserver? Or would you find yourself in the pragmatist category? Which category would my team members fall? Does it matter? Yes it does...knowing our tendencies and understanding their respective implications provide us with the tools to be more effective in our change efforts.
Today’s leaders must manage change in their units & teams and work to help others cope – and even thrive – in a changing work environment. This workshop will strengthen your capacity to lead and accomplish change within your department or organization.
More specifically, you will be better prepared by –
• Recognizing the impact of change on the organization and its people;
• Identifying and gaining insights to your change style preference by completing Discovery Learning’s Change Style Indicator;
• Understanding other team members’ change preference and how you can best support them;
• Recognizing common reasons people resist change and their respective implications to the change process; and
• Developing techniques & strategies to successfully manage and lead people through change
This workshop will be facilitated by Jeff King.
Please note, if you are unable to attend you may send someone else in your place. Cancellations made prior to the day of the workshop will be refunded minus a $5 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows/cancellations the day of the workshop. Certificates of participation are available for individuals seeking professional development hours. If you have questions, contact the OSU Leadership Center at 614-292-3114 or e-mail Jennifer Pettibone firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Jennifer Pettibone at email@example.com or 614-292-3114. Requests made 10 days prior to the event will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date. In person workshops venues are wheelchair accessible. Automated captions will be available to all virtual participants and the Zoom platform is accessible. Click here for the accessibility form.