Communication and Conflict Management online
Conflict is a part of our daily lives at work or at home. How we manage conflict has a direct impact on how fulfilled we feel about our work, the quality of work, and the quality of work from our respective teams or units. Effectively dealing with and using conflict as a positive tool is a major component of success in current or future leadership roles.
Leaders of organizations and units also realize the impact of conflict on an organization's or team's culture. Do we have an environment that allows for differences of opinion to be openly shared? Do you or your team members have the knowledge and skills to work through conflict situations rather than allowing conflict to undermine the team's or unit's effectiveness?
This workshop will provide participants with a greater understanding of how conflict affects their work and strategies to develop one's conflict management skills. Participants will also complete the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) assessment to identify their preferred mode of conflict management and understand individual & team implications to their style.
More specifically, you'll learn -
• How conflict is negative and how conflict can be positive in our management & leadership roles.
• Strategies to creating a culture that effectively utilizes conflict situations to strengthen the team or unit.
• Five approaches to dealing with conflict and when they should be utilized...they include - avoidance, competition, compromise, accommodation, or collaboration.
• Your preferred approach to conflict by completing the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) during the workshop.
• Specific strategies to deal with conflict situations and increase your communication capacity as an effective leader.
This workshop will be facilitated by Jeff King.
Please note, if you are unable to attend you may send someone else in your place. Cancellations made prior to the day of the workshop will be refunded minus a $5 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows/cancellations the day of the workshop. Certificates of participation are available for individuals seeking professional development hours.