Cover Crops for Prevented Planting Acres
Do you have questions about what cover crops should be used on Prevented Planting acres? Do you have concerns about weed control for unplanted fields? What are the rules regarding crop insurance and planting forages to be used for grazing, cutting, and haying for livestock? Get these and other questions answered this Thursday, June 27. The Ohio No-Till Council, in cooperation with OSU Extension will host a meeting at Ohio Northern University Mcintosh Center in Ada.
6:30: Opening Remarks and Panel of Experts (Moderator: Alan Sundermeier, OSU Extension, Wood County)
6:35: Weed control is critical on Prevent Plant: Jeff Stachler, OSU Extension Auglaize County
6:45: Fertility management, a whole different world: Joe Nester, Nester Ag Management
6:55: Quick introductions of the expert panel and resource folks:
Three Cover Crop experts, suppliers in Ohio:
- David Brandt (Walnut Creek Seeds),
- Dwight Clary (Clary Farms LLC), and
- Cody Beacom (Bird Agronomics)
Questions and discussion with:
- Bret Margraf, Seneca Conservation District, and
- Jan Layman, President of Ohio No-Till Council
- Crop Insurance issues: Brad Wingfield, Wingfield Crop Insurance Service
- Rep from USDA-FSA: Anita Green, Auglaize County
- Rep from Dekalb Asgrow, Bayer: Brad Miller
- Rep from Stewart Seeds: Justin Petrosino
- Dealing with Stress: Sarah Noggle, OSU Extension, Paulding County
- Soil Health benefits: Jim Hoorman, USDA-NRCS
CCA credits: Crop consultants can self-report for 2.5 hours of credits.
This program has multiple sponsors and supporters. Ohio No-Till Council, OSU Extension, SWCDs, USDA, and Ohio Farm Bureau.
This program is FREE. No pre-registration needed.
Overnight room accommodations:
The Inn at ONU (across the street from the McIntosh Center) has rooms.
Single room rate is $119.
Online: InnAtONU.com. Use code: July. Phone: 419-772-2500