Managing Using Your CliftonStrengths online
“The true measure of the value of any business leader and manager is performance.” -Brian Tracy
According to Marcus Buckingham, “The job of a manager is to turn one person’s particular talent into performance. Managers will succeed only when they can identify and deploy the differences among people, challenging each employee to excel in his or her own way.”
This workshop will focus on the results of your CliftonStrengths® Mangers Report. The content of this report will help managers (or aspiring Manager) understand their top 10 strengths, and how they can use their strengths to achieve their team’s goals.
The report includes:
- your top 10 themes
- instructions for using this report now and into the future
- how your themes contribute to your success
- how your themes could get in the way of your success
- action items that you can implement immediately
- a practical outline for achieving your goals
When we focus on our strengths, that is what makes us unique, we can better lead and manage others.
Gallup finds that great managers have the following talents:
- They motivate every single employee to take action and engage employees with a compelling mission and vision.
- They have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
- They create a culture of clear accountability.
- They build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
- They make decisions based on productivity, not politics.
According to Gallup, “As the manager, you are responsible for 70% of the variance in employee engagement on your team. This means you have the power to change the trajectory of your team's performance.” Also, “Managers carry heavy -- and rewarding -- responsibilities. But Gallup finds that only about 10% of people actually have high talent to manage. The vast majority of people in management roles need training and development to successfully meet the demands of their role.” -https://www.gallup.com/workplace/215384/gallup-manager-team-leader-devel...
More specifically, participants will:
- Learn your top 10 CliftonStrengths
- Discover ways to manage others using your individual strengths
- Create an action plan to achieve success
Beth Flynn is facilitating this workshop.
***This is an advanced CliftonStrengths workshop. You must have participated in either a coaching session about your CliftonStrengths, or have participated in the Introductory to CliftonStrengths workshop to attend.
Please note, if you are unable to attend you may send someone else in your place. Cancellations made prior to the day of the workshop will be refunded minus a $5 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for no-shows/cancellations the day of the workshop. Certificates of participation are available for individuals seeking professional development hours. If you have questions, contact the OSU Leadership Center at 614-292-3114 or e-mail Beth Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org.