Wood Destroying Insect Inspection - July 8, 2020
Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection Training (for Category 12)
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
This program will meet the mandatory training for licensing in the Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection (Category 12) as required under the Ohio regulation. Training is conducted by the Ohio Pesticide Safety Education Program, Ohio State University Extension, and the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Pesticide and Fertilizer Section. For detailed information on becoming a WDI inspector, click here.
On-site registration: $100
* We are currently reviewing if it will be possible to hold this course in person. We apologize for the uncertainty and will contact registrants with relevant information as it develops.
Registration and check in opens at 8:15 a.m. The class begins at 8:45 a.m. The class fees include a continental breakfast, instruction, and class notes. Lunch is included with pre-registration. Preregistration closes one week prior to the course.
On-site registration accepts cash and check ONLY. No credit cards can be used for on-site registration.
Refunds and Cancellations: There will be a $25 processing charge for any refunds. No refunds will be given after two weeks following the class. There is a $30 fee for any returned checks.
Ohio Department of Agriculture
Bromfield Administration Building
8995 East Main Street
Wood-Destroying Insect - Category 12
This course is required to receive state certification to conduct wood-destroying insect inspections for real estate transactions.
Requirements for a Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection License
- Apply for a Ohio Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- Even if you are not making pesticide applications, you will need to have a license with this category for inspections
- After applying for your license, you will recieve study materials in 4-6 weeks. The study materials will also be provided at the training course.
- Currently licensed applicators should call the ODA at 614-728-6987 to receive study materials. Only the category 12 WDI exam is required for currently licensed applicators
- Pass the core test and category 12 test
- Complete this mandatory course
The test will be offered upon completion of the course. You may take the test before taking the course.
For more information about Wood-Destroying Insect Inspections, click here.
8:15 a.m. - Registration Begins & Continental Breakfast
8:45 a.m. - Class Begins
4:00 p.m. - Class Adjourns & Testing Available for Core and Category 12
Applicators with core, category 12, and/or category 10b on their license can receive recertification credit if space is available. A total of 5 hours of recertification will be offered for the day: 1 hour for Core, and 4 hours for category 10b (there is no specified for category 12). Preference is given to those attending for initial training. There is no on-site registration for recertification credit.
Registration Questions: WalCom-Registration Services (740) 524-4123.
Program Questions and Licensing Questions: OSU Pesticide Safety Education Program (614) 292-4070.
*You need Adobe Reader to download pdf files. It's available free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/