Wood Destroying Insect Inspection - Online Webinar - July 26, 2022
Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection Training (for Category 12)
Tuesday, July 26, 2022
This program is an online webinar and will meet the mandatory training for licensing in the Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection (Category 12) as required under the Ohio regulation. Training is conducted by the Ohio Pesticide Safety Education Program, Ohio State University Extension, and the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Pesticide and Fertilizer Section. For detailed information on becoming a WDI inspector, click here.
This course covers the Category 12, Wood Destroying Insect manual. We do not cover core in depth. If you would like a more in-depth core review, please register for the
This course is an online webinar. The room will open at 8:15 a.m. A short tutorial of the webinar system will take place at 8:30 and the class begins at 8:45 a.m.
Course materials will be sent via U.S. mail, so please include a valid shipping address when registering. In order to receive course materials in the mail you must register by July 18 to allow time for delivery. Anyone registering after that date will not receive hard copies in mail. Every registrant will receive electronic access to digital materials.
Download the flyer/registration form
Refunds and Cancellations: There will be a $25 processing charge per registrant for any refunds. No refunds will be given after two weeks following the class. There is a $30 fee for any returned checks.
This course will be held as an online webinar. After you register, the link will be sent to you the two days before the program
If you register and do not receive the link, check your junk/spam folder.
Wood-Destroying Insect - Category 12
This course is required to receive state certification to conduct wood-destroying insect inspections for real estate transactions.
Requirements for a Wood-Destroying Insect Inspection License
- Apply for a Ohio Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- Even if you are not making pesticide applications, you will need to have a license with this category for inspections
- After applying for your license, you will recieve study materials in 4-6 weeks. The study materials will also be provided at the training course.
- Currently licensed applicators should call the ODA at 614-728-6987 to receive study materials. Only the category 12 WDI exam is required for currently licensed applicators
- Pass the core test and category 12 test. Exams may be taken prior to the training course, if desired. Please remember that this course only covers category 12 material. For core review, please attend one of our commercial pesticide new applicator trainings.
- Complete this mandatory course
Testing is not available online. Visit the ODA's website to register for an exam.
For more information about Wood-Destroying Insect Inspections, click here.
8:30 a.m. - Log in: Become familiar with webinar system
8:45 a.m. - Class Begins
3:30 p.m. - Class dismiss
Applicators with core, category 12, and/or category 10b on their license can receive recertification credit if space is available. A total of 5 hours of recertification will be offered for the day: 1 hour for Core, and 4 hours for category 10b (there is no specified for category 12). Preference is given to those attending for initial training.
Registration Questions: WalCom-Registration Services (740) 524-4123.
Program Questions and Licensing Questions: OSU Pesticide Safety Education Program (614) 292-4070.
*You need Adobe Reader to download pdf files. It's available free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/