Here are the next workshops for faculty and staff by CFAES’s OSU Leadership Center.
Feb. 17: Give ’em the Pickle Customer Service
We’re all in the same business — the people business. It’s not what we make or sell that’s critical; it’s how we take care of the people who buy it. Our job is to make customers (internal and external) happy. What’s the best way to do that? By giving our “pickles.” “Pickles” are those special or extra things you do to make people happy. It may be doing something extra for a customer, or sending a handwritten thank you to them. The trick is figuring out what your customers want, then making sure they get it, that’s the “pickle”!
Great companies and successful employees do four things:
- Service: Make serving others your number one priority. You work in a noble profession, so be proud of what you do and where you work.
- Attitude: Choose your attitude. How you think about the customer is how you will treat them. In a way, you’re in show business, so play the part!
- Consistency: Customers return because they like what happened the last time. Set high service standards and live them every day.
- Teamwork: Commit to teamwork; look for ways to make each other look good. In the end, everything you do ends up in front of the customer.
By attending this workshop, you will learn to:
- Increase customer satisfaction.
- Change your attitude to remain positive.
- Determine an action plan to provide consistent quality service.
Feb. 24: StrengthsFinder
Do you know your five strengths? According to the Gallup Organization, “We spend too much time focusing on our weaknesses, trying to make them stronger, rather than recognizing our strengths.” When you focus on your weaknesses, you miss out on utilizing what you do best for your organization. Join Beth Flynn of the Leadership Center for this workshop. The cost is $75. Details here. Register here.
March 3: Communication and Conflict Management
Conflict is part of our daily lives. How do we manage conflict’s impact on the quality of our work? Effectively dealing with and using conflict as a positive tool is a major component of success in current and future leadership roles. Join Jeff King of the Leadership Center for this workshop. The cost is $75. Details here. Register here.
March 9: What Is the Color of Your Personality Spectrum?
This is a fun and exciting way to better understand yourself and others. In addition to gaining an understanding of your strengths, needs and motivators, you will also learn to value the differences among the people around you. Join Beth Flynn of the Leadership Center for this workshop. The cost is $75. Details here. Register here.
March 17: How to Get Along with (Almost) Everyone
How can you get along with almost anyone? By knowing and understanding your personality style. Why? Because it helps you understand the root cause of your behavior and why you act the way you do. Not to mention, figuring out what makes people tick and how best to deal with them is downright fascinating — and even a strategic way to a happy workplace. Join Beth Flynn for this workshop. The cost is $75. Details here. Register here.