The college exceeded its "But for Ohio State" campaign fundraising goal of $150 million, bringing in $154,780,237 from 32,875 donors.
Ohio State raised more than $3 billion from more than 750,000 donors, shattering the goal of $2.5 billion.
“The support of Buckeye Nation is historic,” said President Michael V. Drake. “The generosity of our alumni and friends is changing lives and helping to elevate Ohio State as a nationally competitive flagship university. Our community and communities around the world will benefit for generations to come.”
The campaign, which launched in 2009 and ended in September, raised more than $520 million for student scholarships and support. Campaign highlights:
- $3,004,563,961 raised in total.
- More than 39,000 student scholarships.
- More than $852 million raised for faculty and academics, including 96 endowed chairs and professorships.
- $1 billion raised for research.
- But for Ohio State donors would fill Ohio Stadium seven times and there would be a very long line waiting to enter.