The College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, and College of Engineering are pleased to be co-sponsors of an institutional membership to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity.
The NCFDD is an online organization that provides accessible professional development for faculty, staff and graduate students. Anyone affiliated with our college can access the numerous free resources. These resources are part of our membership but you must register. You can register here or by following the directions below.
- The Monday Motivator weekly message to encourage your writing and research, whether you are working on a dissertation, an article or a grant
- Access to the Core Curriculum: How to Thrive in the Academy webinars
- Free webinars featuring guest experts; topics include Building a Publishing Pipeline: Concrete Strategies for Increasing Your Writing Productivity
- Free multi-week courses (archived), including How to Navigate the Academic Job Market, Teaching in No Time: How to Prepare for a Stress-Free Semester and How to Win an NIH Grant
- The discussion forum, a place where you can network virtually with others
- Members-only library of webinars with downloads. Topical areas include Academic Publishing, Diversity, External Funding, Job Search Advice, Teaching, Writing and Research Productivity, Work-life Balance, Incivility on Campus, How To Be a Public Intellectual
Other opportunities include:
- The Faculty Success Program, a 12-week virtual boot camp facilitated by the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity that requires separate registration and payment
- The Dissertation Success Program, which also requires separate registration and payment
- The 14-Day Writing Challenge
To activate your membership:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity website
- Select the “Become a Member” tab and choose “Individual Membership”
- On the Individual Membership page, select “Click Here”
- On the “Select Your Member Type” page, select “Institutional Sub-Account”
- On the “Select a Username” page, use your institution issued email address in the Username box
- Complete the registration process
You will receive a welcome email at that email address within 24 business hours confirming that your account is now active and you can begin fully using your new NCFDD membership.